Monday, February 6, 2012

I saw it first!

I am stalking my own plants and flowers. I love them, I call them "my green babies". For me, they are silent pets: lovable, quiet, understanding, full of life, moody, different in preferences and personality.
Each time one of my silent pets is about to bloom, I'm stalking it day and night. I can go check up on it every 10 minutes (maybe something has already changed!). When I see the first bud, it's a national holiday in my home. And when the first flower opens to the world, I give a baby shower :))))



The first phalaenopsis bloom this year makes me smile inside. Click here to see all my "I saw it first" posts :)

8 comments:

  1. wao lovely photography

    Dora's Unique Touch
    http://chandradey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really trying and still learning :)

      Delete
  2. I love it when my flowers start blooming (inside) in the winter. I too have an orchid ready to open up and I've had my geraniums blooming throughout the past couple months. Keep up the green thumb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's magic when there's lots of snow outside and delicate orchid blooms inside. I also LOVE geraniums, they were my childhood flowers in my grandma's garden :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers, I think every home needs a touch of green and life in it!! Yours is so beautiful. I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in on the dialogue on my blog today. I so appreciate your input. Also thanks for taking the time to read and to leave a comment on my blog!
    Happy Wednesday and welcome to blog land!
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathysue, for your visit and your support! Power to the blogerettes!

      Delete
  4. You'll have to give me some tips, mine never seem to flower again after the first time :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got 2 phalaenopsis and they are blooming each year in March (only this year they started early on). The blooms are rich and last until October. When all the flowers fade, I cut the tall "rods" completely and lay them to rest in a cool dark place, away from drafts, without watering. They need this time in which they are dormant. When they make little new rods, I water them (very carefully) and add a little liquid orchid fertilizer, to help them bloom again.
      I've had them for three years :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...